The Study Introduction Days
The MPI (Mathematics, Physics, Informatics) Departmental Student Council holds an introductory event at the beginning of each semester for new first-year students (Bachelor and Master), called Study Introduction Days (SET).
The Study Introduction Days of the winter semester 2019/20 will take place at the Garching campus from Thursday October 10th till October 14th, right before the lecture period. Participating in SET will assist you in a smooth start of your studies.
The Technical University of Munich will be introduced, exam regulations will be presented, we’ll have a short campus tour. You will also get to know many new people, possibly make new friends and receive a head start before the official lecture period.
Registration for the SET is not necessary.
For questions on the program or your start of studies, mail us: setfs.tum.de
Information on the Room Aliases
The exact position of the lecture halls (Ger.: Hörsaal) can be found in the TUM Roomfinder. Below you will find a brief overview
- MI-Magistrale: The whole glass-roofed area in front of the lecture hall of the Mathematics-Informatics(MI) faculty building
- MI HS 1: Lecture hall 1 of the MI building (Friedrich L. Bauer Hörsaal)
- Interims I HS 1 & 2: Lecture hall in the black wooden building at the plaza in front of the MI building
- Interims II HS 1 & 2: New lecture hall building in front of the chemistry department
- MW 2001: Lecture hall 2001 of the Mechanical engineering (MW) faculty building (Rudolf-Diesel-Hörsaal)
- Physik HS 1: Rudolf-Mößbauer-Hörsaal in the Physics faculty building
As in prior years, you have the possibility to go on a trip to the country hostel Grimmerthal with the student council and other freshmen. More information is provided here.
Lehr- & Lernformen (L&L)
For Mathematics freshmen, the additional module Lehr- & Lernformen (L&L) offered by the Mathematics department is a great chance for getting to know your way of studies.
All informations concerning time and place can be found on the L&L website.
Here you find the slides of the summer 2019 event:
Here you find the slides of the winter 2018/19 SET event:
Here you find the slides of the summer 2018 SET event:
Here you find the slides of the winter 2017/18 SET event:
For future SET tutors
You are already studying at TUM and want to support the organizers of the SET by becoming a SET tutor?
Here you can find information on possible tasks and how to register.
If you have any questions or suggestions about Study Introduction Days, please contact the person responsible for the planning and execution of this event at setfs.tum.de at any time.