Since the Study Introduction Day had to be cancelled this year, we have gathered this Freshmen’s Guide to help you with the start of your studies.
While it covers your studies at TUM, including an IT-Guide and an overview of the Garching Campus, it also introduces you to Munich’s sights and student life.
We wish you good luck with your start at TUM!
The Study Introduction Days
The MPI (Mathematics, Physics, Informatics) Departmental Student Council holds an introductory event at the beginning of each semester for new first-year students (Bachelor and Master), called Study Introduction Days (SET).
The Study Introduction Days of the summer semester 20 will take place at the Garching campus at Thursday April 16th, right before the lecture period. Participating in SET will assist you in a smooth start of your studies.
The Technical University of Munich will be introduced, exam regulations will be presented, we’ll have a short campus tour and a few more fun activities. You will also get to know many new people, possibly make new friends and receive a head start before the official lecture period.
Registration for the SET is not necessary.
For questions on the program or your start of studies, mail us: setfs.tum.de
Information on the Room Aliases
The exact position of the lecture halls (Ger.: Hörsaal) can be found in the TUM Roomfinder. Below you will find a brief overview
- MI-Magistrale: The whole glass-roofed area in front of the lecture hall of the Mathematics-Informatics(MI) faculty building
- MI HS 1: Lecture hall 1 of the MI building (Friedrich L. Bauer Hörsaal)
- Interims I HS 1 & 2: Lecture hall in the black wooden building at the plaza in front of the MI building
- Interims II HS 1 & 2: New lecture hall building in front of the chemistry department
- MW 2001: Lecture hall 2001 of the Mechanical engineering (MW) faculty building (Rudolf-Diesel-Hörsaal)
- Physik HS 1: Rudolf-Mößbauer-Hörsaal in the Physics faculty building
Here you find the slides of the winter 2019/20 event:
Here you find the travel guides of the winter 2019/2020 event:
Here you find the slides of the summer 2019 event:
For future SET tutors
You are already studying at TUM and want to support the organizers of the SET by becoming a SET tutor?
Here you can find information on possible tasks and how to register.
If you have any questions or suggestions about Study Introduction Days, please contact the person responsible for the planning and execution of this event at setfs.tum.de at any time.