The Study Introduction Days
The MPI (Mathematics, Physics, Informatics) Departmental Student Council holds an introductory event at the beginning of each semester for new first-year students (Bachelor and Master), called Study Introduction Days (SET). The SET for the summer semester 21 will take place on Thursday, 8th April and Sunday, 11th April.
Important and up-to-date information about the Corona virus regarding the university can be found on the specifically created websites of TUM, and the departments Mathematics, Physics and Informatics.
Program for the summer SET 2021
10.00 AM-12.00 PM Official Welcoming Event (here)
04.00 PM-07.00 PM Get-to-know-you Event (on our Discord)
from 07.00 PM Game night (on our Discord)
10.00 AM-01.00 Uhr PM Presentation of the Examination Regulations informatics (Master)
03.00 PM-07.00 PM Online Gamerallye (on our Discord)
Guided tours of the University Library
As part of the SET, the University Library of the Technical University Munich also offers guided tours digitally via Zoom!
To participate just join the Zoom Room (password: Tour), registration is not necessary.
There will be guided tours on Thursday, 08.04.2021, from 9 – 9.45 am and 3 – 3.45 pm as well as on Friday, 09.04.2021, from 9 – 9.45 am.
Even if we are not able to guide you through the campus this semester, you still can get to know the campus better with this playlist on Youtube.
For questions on the program or your start of studies, mail us: setfs.tum.de
Information on the Room Aliases
The exact position of the lecture halls (Ger.: Hörsaal) can be found in the TUM Roomfinder. Below you will find a brief overview
- MI-Magistrale: The whole glass-roofed area in front of the lecture hall of the Mathematics-Informatics(MI) faculty building
- MI HS 1: Lecture hall 1 of the MI building (Friedrich L. Bauer Hörsaal)
- Interims I HS 1 & 2: Lecture hall in the black wooden building at the plaza in front of the MI building
- Interims II HS 1 & 2: New lecture hall building in front of the chemistry department
- MW 2001: Lecture hall 2001 of the Mechanical engineering (MW) faculty building (Rudolf-Diesel-Hörsaal)
- Physik HS 1: Rudolf-Mößbauer-Hörsaal in the Physics faculty building
Here you find the slides of the winter 2019/20 event:
Here you find the travel guides of the winter 2019/2020 event:
Here you find the slides of the summer 2019 event:
For future SET tutors
You are already studying at TUM and want to support the organizers of the SET by becoming a SET tutor? Here you can find information on possible tasks and how to register.
If you have any questions or suggestions about Study Introduction Days, please contact the person responsible for the planning and execution of this event at setfs.tum.de at any time.