The departmental student council allows certain organizations, companies, people, and events to publish information within the university. Due to the high number of requests, we ask you to read this page carefully. We’ll try to keep it short—promise!
We run a Telegram channel on which short ads within various topics can be published. Students can access it here.
Submitted texts should be shorter than 60 words. Instead of text, you can also submit an image (preferably landscape) or a PDF document. Please send your ads directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Of course, we reserve the right not to publish your content.
Due to the pandemic, it is difficult to predict when the student council’s rooms will be staffed. Please submit posters by mail instead of stopping by, if possible.
We can put up your posters within the Mathematics/Informatics building (FMI) in Garching.
Types of Posters
Different formal requirements apply depending on the topic of your poster.
- Apartments or rooms for rent
- Job offers
- Corporate events
- …similar topics.
- Per Job/Apartment/Event… we can put up one A4-size sheet.
- Flyers up to size A5 can be put out in small numbers.
- Faculties/Schools and departmental student council
- TUM and university library
- Other organizations with direct link to TUM (for example: an event organized in part, or endorsed by TUM)
- In these cases, we allow up to 4 posters of size A1. These can be put up at the large entrances to the FMI.
- Information about conferences or events taking place within the FMI may also be put up at certain lecture hall doors.
- Special rules apply to various events. If these impact you, you likely already know about them.
Submitting your posters and fliers
- No fees apply.
- We do not print posters or fliers for you.
- Publications are approved for a 4-week timespan. In case you would like them to be removed sooner, simply let us know on a sticky note applied to your printouts.
In person in Garching
Simply visit our office.
We do not observe fixed opening hours, but are usually (“usual” excludes a global pandemic) open during business hours in the lecture period of each semester.
Send us your publications via mail (oder TUM’s in-house mail system) to:
Studierendenvertretung an der TU München
Your publication will usually appear on the relevant bulletin board or building entrance within a few days.
Other contacts for publications.
In case we aren’t able to help you, you might have better luck contacting these other offices within the FMI: